Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sydney: The Harbour City






















Some great, but cold/rainy times in Sydney.. my first Body Jam experience that left me sore for 4 days, watched my first Rugby match, experienced the famous Sydney Harbour Bridge (no I didn't do the Bridge Climb), ate/drank at a Lowenbrau pub at The Rocks, went to some clubs in Kings Cross for CJ's 23rd Birthday!, watched many 4:30am World cup games at bars, watched a children's play, Just Macbeth, at the Sydney Opera House (we didn't know it was a children's play until arrival..but still hysterically funny..saw a guy's butt in the play..too funny), spotted a pink dog and dreadlocked dog at a alternative/artsy hair studio in Surry Hills, visited with CJ's adorable cousins from Canada, went to an alpine festival at Carriage Works and tasted amazing mulled wine & cotton candy.... and now I am headed up north to Cairns (Great Barrier Reef).. stopping at many places/ beach towns on the way...first stop: Port Stephens/ Nelson Bay! Thanks to my amazing host, CJ!

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl, these pictures are awesome! Next time you're out at a good restaurant snap some pics, I'm a sucker for good food when I travel ;) Miss you girl! -Niki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats a body jam? you have to elaborate on that one....looks like your having a blast. miss you. have fun up north. glad 2 see you brought your north face jacket and arent cold;-)peace. this is beth by the way. im on my neighbor james comp.i had to use google to post this comment.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Body Jam-- Les Mills created.. it originated in New Zealand.. but has become huge in the United States.. and of course Australia. Amanda is obsessed with it. I actually didn't do Body Jam, but Body Pump.. it was awesomee. Here's the website to check it out: http://www.lesmills.com/

    You should check out where the classes are located near you.. you would seriously love them.

    Niki- I miss you too! I will definitely take pictures if I have any amazing food. Currently living off of pasta, and PBJ haha. But once I get a job I'm sure I'll eat more extravagantly (hopefully). Hope you are enjoying your summer!

    ReplyDelete